Spyware is software that monitors your online activity and accesses personal information stored on your computer.
- Spyware is a type of program that monitors a user's computer activity, collects information about a user without his knowledge, and then provides that information to a third party.
- Anti-spyware software prevents spyware programs from collecting information on your computer and providing it to unknown parties. Anti-spyware software detects and removes spyware from your computer using a library of spyware file definitions and cures.
- Install Anti-Spyware software on your computer.
- Keep your Anti-Spyware software license current.
- Read software agreements to understand exactly what applications are being installed on your computer.
- Only download items from the Internet from trusted sources.